Thursday, March 5, 2020

March 2020 update

Hi guys...

For those of you who don't follow me on instagram, I am alive!  Yes, it sure has been a while.  My three month absence from the blog was unintentional, it just kind of happened as life took over.


I became really busy with dance team in December and January, and then February I started a new semester and had to find activities to replace dance team as the season ended.  I wouldn't say things have quite settled down because life never really does.  But, I'm making my way through it, and the semester is going by fast.

Right now, I am taking a psychology, food, and chemistry course, as well as online statistics.  I am working at the cafe on campus, which I love.  I discovered I really like working out at the cardio center here on campus, and I supplement that with dancing on my own for fun, plus yoga club.  I'm slowly getting back into Cru, a college Christian group, and can do more of the activities I did before dance team.  I am actively interested in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), but I don't know a whole lot and just kinda look up stuff on the internet.  On weekends, I really like going home and spending time with my dog Bindi and my bunny Walter.  Oh yeah, and the rest of the family!

I don't have as much time as I used to to write on the blog.  However, I have been cooking and working on recipes that I can hopefully post on here.  To everyone who follows me on instagram (@bananasoupforthesoul), I'm sorry about several times that I indicated I would post something on here and didn't at the time.  The plan is to get to all of those eventually.

Anyways, at least my health has not been holding me back (knock on wood).  The last time I saw my Chinese medicine practitioner, she said I had no inflammation and all supplements tested well.  This means that we can address my lack of a period instead of just managing symptoms, such as body heat or fatigue.  I think the reasons for these improvements are that I've gotten better at managing stress and exercising on my own.

So I am a busy college student with somewhat mediocre time-management skills, but I promise I have not forgotten about the blog.  In fact, during my hiatus I've been taking notes, reading books, revising recipes, and cooking as much as I can.  And, of course, scrolling instagram.... but hey, I've built some connections and learned a lot from the many inspirational and successful instagram food bloggers.  That is important in a social-media based network.  (I also won a giveaway! *squeal* I love a good giveaway!)

A dream job for me would be a successful food blogger, even though I know almost nothing about the business aspect of it.  ‘That's why I consider it a 'dream' job, Mom, don't worry I'm not going to drop out of college this instant!’ So while this blog isn't poppin' as much as other food blogs (lilsipper and banana diaries, to name a few favorites!), I am accumulating more knowledge, techniques, information, and even writing skills to give you guys a better blog.  The Chinese medicine treatments, dietetics classes, yoga sessions, and basically living on my own are teaching me a lot.  But, the idea is to still post recipes on here, so for now, enjoy Bananasoupforthesoul just the way it is!

With love,
Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment